Teller-Member Service Rep I
At Zing Credit Union we believe in powering people to turn great ideas into plans and plans into the opportunity to live the life they desire and to make the impact they want to have.
Since 1934, we at Zing have measured our success by the stories of the members who have achieved their financial goals. Each milestone reached means your life is better today and for the future...
Our organization is built for people not profit!
Apply today and join the Zing Credit Union Family
- Be part of a team that takes pride in their everyday work
- Be committed to the people who are making our local communities better and stronger
- Be part of a movement that puts people first
Apply today and become the difference!
Assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. Assist members and potential members with their credit union financial needs based on products and services offered by the credit union. Effectively explain and refer credit union products and services and build relationships with new and existing members. Open new accounts and maintain existing accounts. Respond to inquiries and problems in a timely manner and direct members to the appropriate people as needed. Provides expertise with respect to more complex credit union services such as IRA's, Certificates of Deposits, electronic banking services, etc.
* Balance cash drawer and always maintain drawer limits. Receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments. Sell monetary instruments as appropriate.
* Load loan applications into the system as directed.
* Identify and capitalize on relationship building opportunities and cross sell appropriate products and services accordingly. Appropriately update all tracking logs.
* Assist members with opening and closing accounts, answer questions about products and services, and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Escalate problems above authority level to a Teller/MSR II or higher.
* Support the teller area through additional responsibilities that include but are not limited to balancing the vault, cash machines, ATM, and update marketing collateral, etc.
* Act as liaison between members and various organizations and departments.
* Ensure all compliance regulations and procedures are followed. Ensure appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Basic math and accounting skills.
* Understanding of banking regulatory matters and procedures for proper operation.
* Trustworthiness and ability to act with integrity.
* Ability to follow and perform the banking procedures and functions of the role.
* Ability to remain professional and composed under pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
Ability to apply training and experience to interpret, policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations as appropriate for the position within assigned functional area.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write routine email and message correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to members, and employees of all levels of the organization.
Daily responsibilities are relatively routine in nature and found within well-defined policies, procedures and training received. Tasks require some analysis or research to determine the best solution. Role requires job/industry-specific training and may require practical application for competence. Works within existing procedures and structured work assignments.
Work involves extensive contact with persons beyond immediate associates regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in providing service and information
Procedures, job standards, and specific policies direct most decisions and actions. Minimal room for discretion. Actions are usually limited to choosing between two or three known options.
* 10 Key by touch
* Strong knowledge of credit union core systems and/or the ability to quickly learn and apply the knowledge
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
6 months to two years previous experience working directly with the public in a cash handling or related customer service role required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential duties are performed in a general office work environment and prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer completing paperwork or using computers, calculators, copiers, card machines, cash advance machines, and other business office machines and equipment. Essential duties may also involve occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, crouching, stooping, and lifting to 30 pounds to move or stack credit union items as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Zing Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, Gender, Minority, Veterans, Disabled (EOE).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 363