Mortgage Loan Officer (Salaried)
To originate, underwrite, approve and fund residential mortgage loans for the credit union. To serve as a primary real estate lending resource for all Denver Community. Responsible for interviewing applicants for loans, gathering background information and analyzing loan applicants to determine credit worthiness. Strengthen member relationships through the delivery of quality service regarding lending process and offering additional credit union products and services. Provide oversight of regulatory and market data making recommendations for policy and procedural updates to policies and procedures in order to best serve the credit union and it's members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the origination of all residential mortgage loans in accordance with established credit union policies, procedures and applicable regulations. Works with Processing, Underwriting and Closing departments and all secondary market investors.
- Responsible for the compliance and lending laws of all residential real estate loans to NCUA, FNMA, FHLMC and any other secondary market investors as it relates to the direction of the credit union's ALM policy and procedures involving the acquisition and or sale of mortgage loans.
- Audits loan files for quality assurance to ensure against sell backs from the secondary market.
- Provides support and guidance to all staff on issues and questions related to real estate lending.
- Responsible for ensuring that quarterly updating into the HMDA LAR system is completed and correctly sent to the proper Government agency in a timely fashion.
- Serves as the liaison to mortgage brokers, vendors and investors to obtain optimal loan production.
- Monitors rates and pricing for residential loan portfolio and makes recommendations for changes as warranted.
- Performs other job related duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist the credit union in meeting business plan objectives and meet goals assigned for mortgage originations. To achieve optimal cross selling of credit union products and services that best serve the members. To demonstrate effective mining of credit reports to assess member needs and additional loan opportunities. To demonstrate efficient utilization of DCCU and vendor systems, and demonstrates high participation in marketing promotions.
- Exercise good judgment, problem solving, and decision making in analysis of credit worthiness and underwriting. To utilize information and tools available to ensure decisions are consistent with FNMA, federal and state regulations as well as credit union policy when originating and underwriting mortgage loans. To demonstrate competency with credit union policies and procedures and demonstrate efficient turnaround times for issuing or denying credit. to ensure all necessary documentation is obtained from the member, or applicable vendors to assist in sound underwriting and/or protection of collateral. To demonstrate ability to review complex loan situations, seeking guidance as appropriate. To produce a satisfactory level of output for mortgage loans while maintaining a high level of safety and soundness in underwriting and processing.
- Exhibit high quality of work with minimal audit findings. To demonstrate accuracy and completeness of system input and loan documentation. To ensure errors are corrected according to management directives and show dependability by not having recurring errors and audit findings.
- Provide support to all credit union staff in areas of mortgage lending and assist in training efforts, show a high degree of tact and can clearly articulate reasoning and processes when working with staff. To be efficient and competent in working with DCCU and various vendor systems. To be relied upon to complete projects and assignments according to management directives. To initiate new ideas to help stimulate growth opportunities and make recommendations to existing products or processes as needed to increase efficiency or member service.
- Demonstrate an overall effective contribution to the organization through adaptability, accountability, communication, dependability, initiative, interpersonal skills, member focus, time management, organization, teamwork and a positive attitude. To follow credit union employee handbook guidelines accordingly. To consistently promote the credit union core values within individual performance and with co workers.
- Complete coursework as assigned by management including but not limited to credit union products and services classes, compliance coursework or other job related classes. To achieve a passing score or grade on assessments. To retain knowledge learned in coursework and training programs and to show ability to effectively utilize gained knowledge in lending processes.
- Adhere to the DCCU safety policy and follow proper ergonomic guidelines in performance of job duties.
Demonstrate an overall effective contribution to the organization through: adaptability, professionalism, teamwork, accountability, communication, dependability, initiative, innovation, interpersonal skills, member focus, time management, organization, and positive attitude. Maintain attendance within credit union guidelines. The demonstration of SERVICE in the day to day business environment. The level of Support for co workers as well as outside members, clients, etc. through Solutions, Experience, Respect, Value, Integrity, Consistency, Empowerment.
Denver Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer (EOE)
Must be highly accurate and self-driven with the ability to multi task and set the priorities needed best serve the member. Record of handling mortgage loan inquires and applications timely and with the care & dedication needed to mortgage loans from open to close; while also educating the member with added products and services to advance financial opportunity.
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Physical / Environmental Characteristics: Essential duties are performed in a general office work environment and regularly require sitting and standing at a work station/desk while completing paperwork or using computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines and other office business machines and equipment. Essential duties may also involve occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, crouching, stooping and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store supplies or various office equipment as directed. Typical work week is 5 ½ days a week or less. Compliance to security and safety procedures, including use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required.
Job Reference #: 8016