To direct and manage the Consumer Lending Department and support the Business Services lending Department. Responsible for achieving sales goals and objectives while maintaining a high level of member service. Responsible for managing and motivating a team of loan officers and support staff in attaining lending goals. Directs and coordinates all consumer, indirect, and business services lending activities within the credit union, insuring compliance with all lending policies, guidelines, Federal and State rules and regulations. Assist in development of lending policies and procedures. Manage department activity to meet credit union goals and objectives with a focus on member experience and education. Maintain relationships and collaborate with credit union partners, vendors and other key stakeholders. Demonstrates expert industry and professional knowledge, hands-on product and service experience, leadership, and intimate knowledge and understanding of the credit union’s goals and strategies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Directs, develops, motivates, hires and disciplines a knowledgeable, well-trained staff; administers performance evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions. Establishes goals and provides clear direction and valuable feedback for staff related to their job performance, attendance, training and expectations. Monitors workflows promotes positive attitudes, cooperation and teamwork.
- Underwrites and approves more difficult and complex loans within prescribed lending authority. Ensures underwriting standards provide for the safety and soundness of the loan portfolio. Ability to perform basic business lending income calculations and assume responsibility for annual reviews of the business lending loan portfolio. Prepares the submission of business loans to underwriter and coordinates the lending support for business services.
- Ensures a high quality of service for members by building and enhancing lending relationships with members, peers, vendors and direct reports. Managing staff to present the appropriate product to fit member needs. Ability to motivate and train staff to cross sell credit union lending products in accordance with credit union business plan objectives.
- Develops strategies to increase loan production to meet credit union loan growth objectives. Position requires occasional travel between Denver Community Credit Union partner offices, community events, credit union functions, and training events.
- Ensures departments are in compliance with credit union policies, procedures, quality control standards, and state and federal laws and regulations. Reviews and makes recommendations to lending policies and guidelines with VP of Lending as necessary.
- Actively evaluates consumer & business products and procedures and makes recommendations to executive management to ensure compliance, increase revenue, improve member satisfaction, or enhance efficiencies of the departments. Prepares formal and informal reports and performs analysis on the consumer and business programs as requested.
- Participates in preparation and implementation of the strategic plan and budget for the department. Works with auditors to ensure compliance correspondence is submitted in a timely manner. Performs vendor due diligence on lending and business services vendors as requested.
- Participates in Business Services Lending Committee (BSLC), management meetings & other committees as deemed appropriate providing business and lending input in a positive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Other Skills: Must have in depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations affecting lending programs. Incumbent must display the ability to underwrite complex loans outside of auto decisions and simple numbers using creativity and all available resources to best serve the member. Extensive knowledge of consumer, and real estate lending practices and procedures. Should be able to run spreadsheet and word processing software.
Work Environment: Employee responsible for following Denver Community CU brand standards.
Job Reference #: 7855