IT Systems Administrator
Responsible for installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining networks, servers, PCs, routers, switches and communications links in a secure environment. This position will design, document, test, and modify computer systems and software based on and related to user and system design specifications. Responsibilities also include proposing recommendations for improvements to the operating environment through changes in software, hardware, and/or procedures. The candidate will work closely with staff to solve problems and identify solutions and implement procedures.
- Design, Install, configure, monitor, and manage network systems and servers. Analyzes and updates functional specifications for existing application systems supporting Credit Union business processes. Provide mitigation and support for Cybersecurity, vulnerability testing, IT audits, and penetration testing throughout the year. Support disaster recovery efforts including monitoring and maintaining backups and replication. Perform and work with vendors to do periodic testing. Monitor and administer patch management systems and troubleshoot non-compliance devices and failed patches.
- Manage and maintain active directory and group policies including performing periodic reviews
- Serves as the Credit Union’s PC specialist. Installs, maintains and configures application software while maintaining an updated PC imaging process.
- Monitor log events and security alerts and investigate when necessary.
- Perform software and operating system upgrades
- Assist in creating new documentation and updating existing documentation for processes and systems
Responsibilities and Performance Measurements:
- Focus on a SERVICE Culture: The degree to which SERVICE is demonstrated in the day to day business environment. The level of support for coworkers as well as outside members, vendors, etc.
- Project a positive attitude of support and flexibility to all users. Also show unwavering commitment to the credit union mission, direction, and brand.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Administer and maintain ACL’s, anti-virus, host-based firewalls, internet content filtering, data loss prevention, patch management and various other systems and security elements.
- Help monitor and maintain network infrastructure (e.g. servers, routers, switches, firewalls, VOIP phones, printers, and cabling), ensuring peak utilization of network resources.
- Assist when needed in deployment and day to day support of desktop device equipment, including PCs, printers, sig pads, check scanners, ID scanners
- Configure and support applications needed for VPN access for employees, including multi-factor authentication
- Excellent analytical and issue resolution skills, ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks, and ability to perform research
- Work closely with outsourced IT service providers to monitor the support and management provided
- To effectively ensure BSA compliance within the area of responsibility.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: College degree or equivalent in experience and/or classes and certifications.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows PC and Server Operating systems, Office 365, Vmware, Veeam, Azure, Cisco VOIP, Cisco networking products, Linux, PowerShell, SQL
Physical Requirements: The ability to lift 50 lbs.