Indirect Auto Loan Officer
Indirect Auto Loan Officer
Working as the credit union's Indirect Auto Loan officer, you’ll decision indirect consumer loans and work with our auto dealer-partners. The Indirect Auto Loan Officer will be required to cultivate and enhance existing relationships with auto dealerships and grow the lending portfolio through the Indirect Lending channel utilizing best practices underwriting guidelines to include review of ability to pay, LTV s and borrower credit reports. Experience with CUDC (Credit Union Direct Lending) preferred.
This is a salaried position with great pay and benefits. Include comprehensive health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD insurance plans with eligibility at the first of the month following 30 days of service. Additional benefits include, 401(K) plan with employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time and amazing employee loan discounts. Denver Community Credit Union was named one of the best credit unions to work for in 2020 by credit union journal, so why not join the Team.
Productivity: Ability to handle heavy workload and high volume of business
Decision Making & Analytical Proficiency: Ability to make sound lending decisions. Required indirect lending experience
Job Knowledge & Compliance: Aware of lending regulations and how they apply to the job. Able to understand underwriting guidelines and policies
Reliability: Highly self motivated and highly self directed. No hesitation to the 15 minute turn time requirement, weekend and weeknight requirements.
Teamwork & Cooperation: Demonstrate drive and ability to work harmoniously within the team to benefit the credit union.
Indirect Knowledge: Understanding of general terms and practices.
Lending Knowledge: Understanding of general terms and required documents
Efficiency: Ability to produce an appropriate quantity of work done. Not get bogged down in unnecessary detail able to multi task and prioritize.
Judgement: Makes sound decisions. Analyzes problems skillfully. Uses logic to solve job related problems.
Persuasiveness & Sales: Demonstrates the ability to appropriately influence others.
Listening Skills: Demonstrates the ability to listen intently to determine in order to perform job requirements and best serve the member. Understands and learns from what other say.
Ambition: Displays ongoing commitment to self improvement and development. Displays a commitment to meeting or exceeding goals.
Communication: Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to members in order to perform all job related requirements.
Member Focus: Listens and responds to members. Respects all internal and external members. Builds and maintains member satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization
Organization: Demonstrates the ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Underwrite Indirect loan applications in accordance with goals and standards of the lending department. Underwrite Indirect loan applications during regular work hours, after hours and weekends. Researches and uses critical thinking to evaluate and determine credit worthiness. Maintain existing dealer relationships for the Indirect lending program. Initiate credit applications; analyze credit reports to accurately identifying financial needs and sales opportunities. Deepen account relationships with new and existing dealerships. Meet or exceed targeted indirect loan goals.
- Coordinate outbound welcome calls to new Indirect loans with a focus on member experience and education. Support on site dealer sales to provide on the spot approval capabilities when necessary. Perform as the primary resource to members and staff regarding Indirect products and requests. Demonstrate comprehension of established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations including those defined by the Fair Lending Act, BSA, Red Flag, ECOA and all other regulatory programs. Prepare production reports and analysis as necessary for management. Monitor and report progress toward achieving the goals outlined in the Indirect Lending portion of the business plan. Completes special projects and other duties as assigned and remains informed about trends in Indirect Lending.
- Coordinate training and support to ensure the credit union knowledge and competency in dealing with Indirect Lending. Work closely with CU Direct Connect on resolving dealer issues and concerns
- Maintain relationships with credit union partners in concert with the Vice President of Lending that provides and promote the Indirect program.
- Perform all other related business duties as assigned
Experience Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education (1) A two -year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business
or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or
sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become
important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals)
looking at all aspects of the member relationship.
2. Must be able to type, use PC and general office equipment including 10-key calculator.
3. Must have good communication skills.
Physical / Environmental Characteristics: Essential duties are performed in a general office work environment and regularly require sitting and standing at a work station/desk while completing paperwork or using computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines and other office business machines and equipment. Essential duties may also involve occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, crouching, stooping and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store supplies or various office equipment as directed. Typical work week is 5 ½ days a week or less. Compliance to security and safety procedures, including use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required.