This is a Hybrid position working primarily remote and periodically onsite for Zing Credit Union. Zing credit union is a mid-size credit union with locations in the metro Denver area. Zing credit union has been making a lasting impact serving the community since 1934. The credit union has been named to the list of the best credit unions to work for in 2022 and 2021 by The American Banker magazine.
The Accounting Manager will
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day operations of the accounting & risk Mitigation functions.
- Ensure accurate, thorough, and timely completion of financial and accounting records and reports of the credit union.
- Manage a small group of Accountants and Risk Migration Support staff.
- Assists in the oversight of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance by ensuring complete, accurate, and timely processing of reports.
- Oversee quality assurance to ensure that documents are correct and meet procedural, regulatory and examination expectations.
- Oversee fraud mitigation activities of the credit union, helping to identify fraud, tracking fraud losses and savings, and informing management and staff of fraud trends for the credit union and in the industry. Assists with audit/examination support and reporting as needed.
- Support the overall business objectives of the credit union
- Strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Upper level understanding of BSA requirements
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to tap into the power and strengths of the team.
- Effective delegation while retaining ultimate responsibility for outcomes.
- Respectfully confident and assertive leader
- Excellent working knowledge of industry regulations, rules, and norms
- Ability to inspire a team and understand the difference in management versus leadership.
- Problem solver
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- General knowledge of credit union processes including, but not limited to: ACH, Drafts, Wires, eCommerce, Accounts Payable, lease processing and servicing, indirect loan processing, card processing, mortgage processing and servicing, share and loan charge-offs.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance. An associate degree with sufficient accounting coursework and equivalent industry experience required. May consider completion of 2 years of college plus the completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, and job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program or focused on the job training in a like role.
Three to five years of similar or related experience, with at least three years of experience in an accounting department environment, including a minimum of one year serving as an accounting department assistant manager highly preferred.
Posted Salary Range based on the required experience $68,000-79,000/YR
Zing Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, Gender, Minority, Veterans, Disabled (EOE)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 359